The competitiveness of the EU economy in the age of the changes brought about by the pandemic and the challenges presented by the ambitious climate neutrality targets to be attained by 2050 require close cooperation between the stakeholders from many different areas.
The aim of the conference is to familiarize participants with the industries which use the coking coal value chain products as well as new, innovative products based on coking coal. These issues will be also given a broader, EU legislative background. The European Commission communication published at the beginning of September 2020 on the critical law materials emphasizes how important it is currently, in the context of the pandemic, to rebuild more resilient economies through developing their strategic autonomy, diversifying raw material supplies and supporting local producers.
Hence the conference aims also to define specific challenges in ensuring the competitiveness and present the initiatives being undertaken whose development will have key impact on the EU market in the decades to come.
Panel I: COKING COAL VALUE CHAIN
- Martyna Perek, First Secretary at the Economic and Trade Section at Permanent Representation of Poland to the EU
- Stefan Dzienniak, President of the Metallurgical Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Rafał Dojka, RAFAMET Foundry
- Michał Piekarski, Counsel, Baker McKenzie
Panel II: COKING COAL – CRITICAL RAW MATERIAL IN INNOVATIVE APPLICATIONS
- Magdalena Dordańska, Chief Specialist in the JSW S.A. Environmental Emissions Team
- Bartosz Mertas, PhD Eng., Manager of the Coking Technologies Unit, Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal
- Grzegorz Pawelec, Research, Innovation and Financing Manager, Hydrogen Europe
- Tomasz Szeszko, Manager of the JSW S.A. Carbochemical Projects Oversight Team
21 April 2021, 10:00 a.m.