Integrated quality and environmental management system as well as occupational health and safety management system have been in place at Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa S.A. since 2008. Before that, the quality management, environmental management and the occupational health and safety management system had functioned autonomously.
We currently hold a certificate confirming that we have implemented and we apply a quality and environmental management system as well as an occupational health and safety management system in respect of coal mining, processing and trading. The certificate was issued by Management Systems Certification Bureau of Polski Rejestr Statków S.A.
The certified system confirms that the Company complies with the requirements set forth in the following standards:
- PN-EN ISO 9001:2015 – quality management system,
- PN-EN ISO 14001:2015 – environmental management system,
- PN-ISO 45001:2018 – occupational health and safety management system,
- PN-ISO/IEC 27001:2014 – information security management system.
President of the Management Board has established an Integrated Management System Policy, which provides for strategic and operating goals in terms of quality, targets and tasks related to the environment as well as general and specific goals related to occupational health and safety. Appropriate financial, human and organisational resources have been secured in order for the Integrated Management System to be efficiently maintained and continuously enhanced and for the goals set to be attained.
Key objectives of the Integrated Management System include:
- continuous improvement of the employees’ safety,
- ensuring and documenting that quality requirements regarding products are complied with at all stages of their production, and that the environmental and occupational safety requirements are met,
- minimising the risk of non-compliance of the products offered,
- detection at the earliest possible stage and removal of the reasons for disruptions in the processes and their results by implementing corrective and preventive measures,
- reducing the adverse impact on the environment and strengthening the position of JSW S.A. as a reliable partner distinctly different from other coal companies, and building its image as an environmentally friendly enterprise.