About the mine
The Knurów-Szczygłowice Mine was established on 1 February 2010 as a result of a merger of two mines: Knurów and Szczygłowice.
The Knurów Section is a mine with a long tradition. The first work on the construction of the mine began in 1903. The parceling of levels 250 m and 350 m yielded the first 9,721 tons of coal in 1906.
The Szczygłowice Section celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2011. The decision to begin the construction of the mine was made in June 1957. The first coal was mined in July 1961 in the amount of 632 t/d with 706 workers.
On 1 August 2014, KWK Knurów-Szczygłowice became part of the organizational structure of Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa.
The mining area of the mine is 59.80 km², including 38.49 km² of the Knurów Section and 21.31 km² of the Szczygłowice Section.
Recoverable reserves: Knurów Section 118,5 million tons and Szczygłowice Section 185.12 million tons. Type of coal produced: 34.2
44-190 Knurów, ul. Dworcowa 1
tel.: +48 32 718 5000
fax: +48 32 718 5413
e-mail: [email protected]