The environmental management system forms part of the Integrated Management System and its purpose is to prevent pollution and minimise the adverse impact on the environment.
The Company has identified various environmental aspects related to its operations and the products offered. The identification and updating of information regarding environmental aspects are secured by the application of relevant procedures. For each significant environmental aspect, a schedule is prepared, providing the scope and frequency of measures and/or manners of monitoring.
Considering the legal and other requirements related to the operations of Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa S.A., the significant environmental and technological aspects as well as the expectations of stakeholders, an environment management programme has been developed, where goals and tasks related to environmental aspects, deadlines, responsible persons, planned outlays and projected performance are defined. Environmental goals are set with due consideration for the environmental policy determined in the management system policy, significant environmental aspects as well as legal requirements applicable to them in relation to the mines’ operations.
- Own development and sale of methane.
- Sale of mining waste and aggregates.
- Management of mining waste and by-products to produce a sealing mixture used in fire prevention.
- The management of precipitation water, melting water and water from the mine shaft as industrial water and the use of saline water
- Remediation of mining waste management facilities.
- Calculating the carbon footprint of the organization, and coal and coke products.
- Emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Emission of non-greenhouse gases and gases.
- Management of hazardous waste.
- Emergency situations related to natural and other hazards.
- Discharge saline mine water
- Mining damage.
- Reduction of hard coal deposits.
- Media consumption (drinking water, industrial water, electricity, heating, cooling, compressed air).
- Management of municipal waste.
- Management of non-hazardous waste.
- Management of mining waste.
- Management of chemical substances and mixtures thereof.
- Noise emission.
- Own underground and surface water intakes.