About the plant
The JSW Production Support Unit, earlier JSW Material Logistics Unit, started operations on 1 August 1995 as an organizational unit of Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa. The plant was created by spinning off the procurement and warehousing services as well as some administrative and office services from JSW's mines. Its creation resulted from the need to centralize the system of supplying the mines with materials, machinery and equipment, managing the warehouse stocks and managing the non-productive assets taken over from the active and liquidated JSW mines, that are not directly related to the mines’ core activity.
Line of business:
- Supplying JSW mines with materials, machinery and equipment necessary for the proper functioning of the mining process and to ensure work safety.
- Conducting procurement procedures for JSW mines for services, construction works and supplies.
- Managing warehouse logistics processes to maintain optimal warehouse inventory levels.
- Taking actions to adapt the assets remaining after decommissioned plants for new business ventures.
- Conducting tender procedures for the sale of scrap and used oils from JSW mines.